Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day before surgery

Been reading different blogs today, getting recipes, reviewing pre-op notes and making a list of things to bring. My procedure is outpatient and I'm the first of the day so I should be home early afternoon. We just have to get up around 4 am to drive to the hospital...ugh! The whole pre-op liquid diet thing hasn't been bad. I won't say I would want to do it again, but it's tolerable. The protein shakes help...more so than broth or soup, and the sugar-free popsicles help to take the edge off. If I got hungry, I just got busy. Hubby and I would go to the "Y", or walk around the park. It helps to exercise the stomach when you're hungry, then you don't feel like eating! In all honesty, I just want to get the surgery over and done with and begin the journey.

Sis went in for a follow up this morning and said she felt like she went back to work too early. The doc gave her hell. She also got to start soft foods and had cottage cheese and said it felt like a 5-course meal. With no restriction, hmmmm, she must be pretty swollen. Her first fill is scheduled for April 29th, so she has something to look forward to.

Easter is Sunday, and both the hubby and my family is having get-togethers. We'll try to go to my side if I feel okay...only because they are closer and it would be easy to leave if I need to.

I guess my only concern for the surgery at this point is the anesthesia...I don't tolerate it particularly well. Then there is the stick in the hand that usually sets me off. Yes, I'm a candy ass when it comes to the poke in the hand. I can give blood like nobody's business, but stick me in the hand and I'm likely to go into orbit. I keep telling myself...mind over matter. Seems like it doesn't quite work when there is pain involved. Food - no problem, pain - give me drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment