Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Getting better...

Things seems to be better this week. My father-in-law was released from the hospital on Saturday after a week. He's so much better than when he went in. Apparently, at this point they are just going to treat the symptoms as they occur. My dad goes for an endoscopy Friday and I'm hoping for the best. My sister is worried it might be something serious...the nurse in her tends to bring out her paranoia at times. I took the day off friday so I can take him...mom doesn't see too well in the dark, and frankly, her driving skills leave much to be desired. Ever since I was 16, it didn't matter if it was her car or mine, it is always assumed when it's just the 2 of us, I'm driving. Period. I need my sanity. In the afternoon, I'm taking mom to find a hairpiece or wig or something to cover that fluff on her head called hair. Gold star for me on Friday.

This weekend should be interesting if the weather holds out. Thursday night it's a Dayton Dragons game (never been to one) with friends. Saturday, I get my first fill...then it's off to the Ribfest hopefully. Not that I'll be able to eat...but the bands scheduled to play are great and we should see quite a few people we know there. Never know what the weekends may hold. A little flower planting, weed pulling, stray cat feeding, hanging out with the hubby. Normal stuff...the good stuff. Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment