Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Best thing about a long weekend? Short work week!

Ahhh...Memorial Day Weekend....3 consecutive days to relax, okay maybe just a day, but hey I'll take what I can get. Friday, my hubby and his brother worked at their parents house, putting in the A/C, trimming shrubs, being the good sons they are. I cleaned the main rooms of the house and fed the stray pregnant cat that lives at school who comes to our house every day. Well, now she lives in the weeds in the unsown field behind our house so she can be close to the food and water source no doubt. She's warmed up to us quite nicely. Such a lover she is. Looks just like our cat...a grey tiger, but a tad lighter and definitely rounder. Hubby likes to name to strays that come around. Hers is Gracie and the yellow/white mix is Clayboy. Clayboy keeps an eye out on Gracie when she comes over. He's very protective of her. Man have I turned into a cat person or what! Our cat, Stuey, is an indoor/outdoor cat, who has taken it upon himself to hide in the weeds too now that they are over a foot high. He chased Gracie back into the field the other night after eating. I felt sorry for her...geez, just finished eating, has by the looks of it several kittens in her belly, and having to run away from the 15 lb beast chasing her. If she only knew all she had to do was turned around and hiss at him and he'd run like the wind, she would have it made.

Saturday was my second "fill" as they say in lap band speak. The nurse put in 1 cc this time around, so apparently I'm up to 3 cc's if the doc didn't put any in during surgery. I'll have to find out from the nurse next time how much she shows in my band - then I'll know if he put some in during surgery. Scheduled another fill for 2 weeks to see if all goes well. Since it's been 3 days since the fill, I can say that I'm not able to eat as much, but as far as how long I don't get hungry - that's up in the air yet. The nurse said I lost 8 lbs in the 2 weeks since I'd seen her. I was kind of surprised because all the grad parties and going out for dinner we did the last 2 weeks. And the fact that it felt like I could way more than I should be able to. She asked for an example and I said, how about 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 bite of hash browns, 6 bites of french toast, and about 2-3 oz. of fresh fruit. She understood. I also told her that I lost 4 lbs in the 2 days after I last saw her and that my body can retain water pretty easily. My hubby's buddy and I always comment that we could go out for beer and pizza and weigh 6 lbs more the next day.

After the fill, I could swallow water fine, it gurgled a bit and the nurse said it sounded like a good fill. I stayed on liquids the rest of the day, soup from Panera Bread that night and wasn't hungry at all. We did some shopping after the fill and went to Jungle Jim's later in the afternoon. Stocked up on all the important stuff...cheese for me, hot sauce and beer for the hubby. We had some friends from Celina pop in to see us that were attending a grad party in our town. We don't get a chance to see them very often so it was nice to visit. Lisa kind of hinted that she would like to see the rest of the house, but quite frankly I didn't clean the whole thing friday night and was up at 6am that morning so our bedroom and bathroom was not very clean. So I didn't offer to show her around.

By Sunday, I could eat solids fine. I spoke with my sister last night and she is having a bit of trouble with the sliming and has vomited a couple of times. But she says she knows she's been eating too fast and that's what is causing it. I hope that's all it is.

Sunday, I went to visit my folks for awhile and fixed their computer. Dad had spent the last 2 days visiting 17 cemetaries with the Legion members placing flags beside their graves and was pooped. Most of the Legion members are from WWII or the Korean War in our area and are getting up in years. So it's quite a chore for them. The rest of the day was ours to spend being lazy, watching a movie, the Indy 500, etc. Monday, we took my in-laws to place flowers on the graves of their parents and step-parent. We drove to Burkettsville, Wilshire and Ohio City and then went to the truck stop on Rt 33 (whew hoo!) to have lunch. Actually, it was good - just not what where I expect to go on Memorial Day. I prayed for all the soldiers who have fought and continue to fight in order for us to have the life we do in this country. We are all truly blessed to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment