Monday, November 16, 2009

Some days are stone...

Not much of an eventful weekend. Friday DH and I went to a local chicken fry and then home by 6:30 pm. Whew Whew! Saturday we got up really early and were out the door by 6:30 for some shopping. Ended up running into several of my friends at the mall so that was fun. Picked up 2 pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes and a LARGE Columbia jacket. Yep, that's a large, not XL, just an L. Felt so good! By the afternoon, it was back to watching the Buckeye's beat Iowa and then we were supposed to go to a retirement party for one of DH's old work buddies, but DH felt really crappy so we stayed home. A baby shower yesterday for one of our nephew's along with a walk at the praire in the morning and that was the extent of our weekend. Oh, and I must confess that we stopped in Covington at the market at the Marathon gas station (Harvest House?) - can't remember the name, but they have the absolute BEST sugar cream pie! Had to get a piece after the hike and before we spent 2 hours raking leaves around the house. Believe me - we worked it off.

Today I had a meeting with all the big wigs at my workplace about the health plan which I had been agonizing about over the weekend. Gave them my recommendations about changing administration, networks and Rx service and keeping the current stop loss contract (even though is was a 48% increase!) and they agreed it was the best course of action. And then it was letting all the parties involved know about the decision which was tough because through no fault of their own, our TPA of 12 years is losing our business and I will miss their professionalism and performance. It all comes down to the $$$ and what's best for not just the company, but the members of the plan too. And I look at it like if it was my money, it was the choice I would have made, so I'm okay with the decision. Now the difficult work begins...

Tomorrow night is our monthly support group meeting for our local bandsters. A local physician is going to join us and try and get into our heads a little bit. He may get his eyes opened!

Being from a small town, I'm starting to get alot of questions and comments about my weight. Lots of compliments, but some flat out questions about how am I losing all that weight and what are you doing type questions. My neighbor even shouted at me across the street on Sunday as we were raking leaves and wondered how I was losing weight (like I was going to shout - I HAD SURGERY!) For some people I choose to share the info, for others that are just being nosy and don't need to know - I just try and avoid the answer. They'll probably find out eventually anyway as nothing in small town America is ever a secret. Not that I'm ashamed of it, I'm not...I just don't feel like I have to explain myself to people I don't feel that particularly close to.

How do you all answer those type of questions? Do you have any great come-backs? I could use some - or even an artful way to dodge the question would be great. I'm open to any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment