Friday, June 12, 2009

Mundane

Lately, work has been a drudge. Very quiet...especially on fridays. Our production employees leave work around 10:30 am. The rest of the day, it's just the office staff and a few supervisors out in the shop we never see. Last week, I was the only one left after 3:30pm. Out of seven people, you would think someone else would stay, but no...too nice outside, personal lives get in the way of business. And as the saying goes, when the boss is away...

Since our President was on vacation for a few days last week, it is always interesting to see who finds a reason to leave. All of a sudden, people have to pick up their kids, mystery doctor's appointments, birthdays, fart in sideways, etc. Mmmmm. The only good thing about our President leaving for a few days is that he rarely does. But when he's gone, it is really, really quiet. You see, our head cheese is quite the character, very gregarious and well....loud. Doesn't like to use the intercom, shouting works just as well and is quicker. Gotta love him, but you sure know when he's gone.

Last weekend was kind of a "family" weekend so to speak. My sister in law had a party for her husband's 60th birthday party Saturday night. Beautiful night and the whole family made it along with many of our friends so it was a great time. Sunday, my brother and sister-in-law had us over for lunch since 2 of their kids were home for the weekend. Their oldest is 28, married and living in Grove City, the middle child is 26 and living in Troy and getting married next year. Don't get to see them as often anymore so it was a nice visit to catch up. Their youngest is going to OSU and had finals this week so he didn't come home. Since I don't have any kids, my brothers' kids were as close to my children as I was going to get. They grew up just a block away from my parents and a couple of blocks away from me. Seriously, the town isn't that big.

Tonight we're going to one of my favorite places...Buckhorn Tavern. My hubby and 3 of his sisters, brother-in-law and some friends. I've been looking forward to it. It's really the first "test" I've had since getting my third fill last weekend. I don't feel like I'm at my "sweet spot" yet, but getting close. I don't want to get too tight since it seems tighter in the morning already. I've been really watching what I eat this week and the results have been good. Down 4 lbs. since Saturday...after watching the scale not move basically for a week. I took a Labor Day weight loss challenge thru a forum that I am on and said I would lose 28 lbs by Labor Day. What?! 4 down, 24 to go. It will keep me motivated, even though I don't know the other fellow "bandsters" from Adam.

When I went to Cincinnati Weight Loss Center last Saturday, they were having a seminar for potential new patients. It was the first time I've seen the physician since surgery. There were about 7-8 people there and the doc was answering all their questions. I so wanted to chime in and give my 2 cents, but kept my mouth shut until someone asked about wearing an underwire bra after surgery because of the port location. She said her friend could no longer wear them after surgery, and I just nodded "yes you can". But I learned a few things listening to them and was glad I was there when other people were interested in having it done. Honestly, it's the best thing I ever done, worth every penny. I know if I wouldn't of had it done, I would weigh at least 40-50 lbs more than I do right now and be miserable and still stuggling with the Atkins diet. I haven't had any problems or complications...haven't had any "episodes" of eating too fast or taking too big of bites. I'm very happy.

I actually bought some workout CD's (like I haven't done that before) off of QVC that looked fun. Kind of hip hop...yo. Even though I don't much care for the music, I'll give this a try. It looked fun to do if I don't have 2 left feet. No George Straight on those CD's I'll bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment