Friday, October 8, 2010

A day off is.....HEAVEN!

At the last minute I took the day off today since the weather was supposed to be in the high 70's and sunny. The weekends have been crazy with no time to get the house in order. Today I spent pretty much of the morning and a bit of the afternoon on trimming shrubs, cutting down perennials, picking up sticks, washing sheets and chasing the stray cats in the neighborhood who all seem a bit friendly these days.

So now I'm taking a break and eating lunch to rest my weary back and to catch up a bit. Hubby had to work all day which was another reason I took the day off. While I love him to death, we spend an inordinate amount of time together, and the peace and quiet around the house is a refreshing change.

Gosh I looked and it's been so long since I've posted. I confess I've been a bit of a shopoholic these past few weeks. It's so easy to get wrapped up in buying clothes since they are looking so much better on me and everything fits! I bought a couple of pairs of leggings to wear with my new boots and longer sweaters. (Got to hide the thighs you know). Totally out of my comfort zone since I'm a fairly conservative dresser, but what the hell, who doesn't need to do that once in awhile. I'm pretty sure the look I'll get from Bubba will say it all.

This morning the scale showed 147 lbs - 2 lbs to go to my ultimate goal. I've been flirting with that number for the past week or so, and it's always nice to get it before the weekend for a bit of extra motivation. Bubba and I have been walking out at the Prairie quite a bit the last month and have been deer every night. Such a beautiful area to walk (for Ohio) that is. I'll have to take some pictures for you all soon.

The day has just been wonderful....the slight hum of my dryer, someone's wind chimes gently blowing, a soft breeze and some leaves chasing each other around the driveway. Just a perfect moment to relax and kick back.

Have a great weekend to all of you. Life is GOOD!

1 comment: