Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I don't get it...I still feel fat

I've been messing with the same 2 lbs for several weeks now. I'm comfortably in a size 12 and even get a size 10 jean on that is tighter than I personally would wear, but seem to see many an ass plastered in tighter ones. I can feel my collar bones, ribs, hip bones and my spine very easily. When I hold a pair of pants up, they don't look very large to me and yet when I get dressed in the morning, I still seem to see the same middle-aged woman 40 lbs ago. WTH!

When I was much heavier, I always thought I looked way better and thinner than I was until I was bitchslapped into reality by an errant picture here and there. Now it seems like my mind is playing a not so nice game with me that I don't want to play.

I'm taking some time off work next week for me time. Time to get out and do some physical work around the house, spend some time in the sun, catch up on my exercise at the Y, and work on cleaning out all the clutter in my house. Mostly though it's the mental break I'm looking forward to. Need a break from the weekly routine to recharge the batteries and refocus my energies. I'm really hoping for some great weather.

2 comments:

  1. Breaks always help - you'll get recharged and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for following my blog! I truly appreciate it! I invite you to participate and comment and let me know what you need to hear! The one thing that I want you to know is that I do not join blogs as a follower! Why? Because I am extremely dysfunctional! I do read all of my followers' blogs as often as I can! However, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling if I don't join their blogs, I bookmark you so I can peek into your life! ! But, I often don't have time to comment since I read so many of them! Plus, I am a very chatty girl! I would never get to work or get any work done if I did! Please know that I am with you on your journey...even if I am a silent traveler!!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete