Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Family time and such

Our cat, Stuey, had his annual shots and rabies vaccine last night. I told the vet that each year his reaction to the meds gets progressively worse, so he gave him an antihistamine. Poor thing is still under the weather, although he did eat something last night so that made me feel better. Stuey is a grey tiger...14+ pounds and very tall. Great cat, but I'm partial since he's my first pet. The stray, Gracie, and her kittens are still in the back yard. Hubby and I talked last night about it being time to round them up and take them to the farm. Hubby still thinks the young ones need another week. They are really too-cute and alot of fun. We have an umbrella over the bush they chose and a plastic bin with a blanket next to it with a lid overhang for shelter from any rain. You can't say that hubby doesn't have a soft heart for a stray.

Sunday was my mother-in-law's side of the family, family reunion in Burkettsville. A little burg with a church, a bar, a restaurant and not much else. It was a nice time and it was great to see the slide show of when the in-laws were young. He really has a terrific family and they get together quite frequently even though some have to drive a few hours. This friday is the Lake Festival in Celina, so his Mom & Dad are inviting my family over for the fireworks display. We'll hopefully get to see the amphi-cars go into the lake at least once over the weekend.

Hubby and his buddies played poker Saturday night at his buddy's house. Some of his friends that he doesn't get to see much came and played so it was fun for everyone. Jesse, Michelle and I took the time to look into a spa day while the guys are fishing in August. A simple overnight with a massage and pedi and then some shopping the next day. Can't wait. We never did anything like that before as a group so it should be a blast. Although it's kind of hard to find a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for 1 night accomodations and a little spa treatment.

This Saturday we are taking my hubby's not-so-little-anymore friend, D-Rock, out to celebrate his graduation from high school. Hubby used to date his mother years ago when he was 2 years old until he was about 8. They have always kept in touch and spent time together, so he wanted to do something special for him for his graduation. D-Rock is going to Otterbein in the fall so he's going to be experiencing alot of changes and freedom in the next few years. What a great young man. There are 8 of us going to a local restaurant to celebrate. We only get to see D once every month or so these days, so it will be nice to spend some time with him before he leaves for college.

I made an appointment this morning for another fill in my band. Not that I don't enjoy being able to eat anything I want, it's just that I feel like I am having to "diet" too much to lose any weight and that is not what the purpose of the band is for. I need to get a little more restriction to keep me from snacking and also cut down the portion size. Although I continue to lose weight, I've only lost about 4 lbs this month in total and would like to see a more significant weight loss that is sustainable. We'll see how this fill goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment