Friday, April 3, 2009

Ready for the weekend...

Boy am I antsy to get this week over. Busy, busy, busy. Sis called last night and let me know that maybe I should re-think the whole idea of going back to work on Monday after having surgery on Friday. She is experiencing a great deal of pain the last 2 days. Since she has had previous laparoscopic surgeries, the scar tissue was an issue that may be causing her discomfort. (I'd like to think I'm tougher than her, but I won't go there). I'll see how it goes over Easter weekend.

I'm kind of excited for tonight. We have a dozen people coming over for a "cocktail hour" before we all go see Paul Thorn at Canal Street Tavern (www.paulthorn.com). A couple of us have seen him a few times and it's always fun. He's got that great singer/songwriter thing going on, yet to hit it big, but able to make a living at it. Really enjoy his music. Kind of like a hidden treasure.

One more week to go before surgery. I have to say it hasn't been that bad on the whole liquid diet phase. And it's kind of nice to have a little more room in some of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment